Thursday, September 24, 2015

Window shopping for the Family Room and Good News

Well it's still so early in the game that I have really nothing to say. Except of course we got some good news Tuesday. We are the first buyers in this phase of development and in the short time frame from Sunday to Tuesday the price of any future models built has already gone up $5,000. I'm not quite sure what that means but I assume that it means we are starting off with a benefit to our side. If anyone knows how that works please let me know.

Now to give you a little incite into me...I am a pretty laid back person that doesn't get excited until everything is in it's place. Meaning that as exciting as this process is I am finding it hard to get really excited because so much can go wrong between now and settlement. Being a first time home buyer and a person who has a tendency to over research, if there even is such a thing, I have found virtually no information from anyone who has purchased a home from Haverford. Actually the only detailed information I have been able to find as been solely about Ryan Homes. I can't imagine that Ryan dominates the market so much that it's the only builder people want to talk about. That is kind of the reason why I have begun this blog for people who are interested in Haverford, a builder who let's it's product speak for itself and doesn't spend loads on marketing and advertising.

With that said back to my reservations. I subscribe to many blogs regarding Ryan homes and I'm even part of 2 facebook groups, I found a little family with them that has helped me a lot. In my research I have come to realize that once you sign on the line you are at the mercy of the builder and loan officer. I have read more times than I am comfortable with that homes appraise for less than the purchase price, the inability to lock in a lower rate, lost documents, pushed closing dates and many changes to the SR, subcontractors and Project Managers, but I digress and try to stay positive.

Moving forward lets get into the fun stuff as I try to stay positive and not let the experiences of others loom over me having my own experiences. Throughout the "window shopping" phase that began last year I had some serious time to think about how I wanted to decorate and the color scheme we can both agree on. We both settled on Navy and White, Aubergine and Gray or Navy and Kelly Green for the family room. I do realize aubergine is a tough color to match but as a shade of purple, it's such a royal and regal color.

Let's start with the inspiration...

Look how beautiful the blue and green are together. I find blue to also be very royal yet "family friendly" for us, as we have a 6 year old and plan to have 2 dogs. We also have large families that like to gather so lots of seating is necessary.
 This blue and white is so crisp and clean giving me a comfy/cozy feeling and keeps it light and airy as well. And if you look into the background near the fireplace, the benches are amazing.

 The same is true for the picture above. This gives me a calm coastal feeling, yet cozy at the same time.

And finally the beautiful purple and gray. The nice neutral sectional allows you to bring in the pop of purple in the accessories. The purple is a tone that is balanced and not to feminine but dark enough to be masculine.

Ok, I'm rambling on but what do you think? Are these selections too trendy? What are your color schemes?

No comments:

Post a Comment