Sunday, September 27, 2015

Finalized our selections

Today was the day we finalized our selections. Yes, I know this seems to be a little fast from the many blogs I've read but I have also had a lot of time to think about this before we even started the process and luckily I did. I am completely in love with our sales Rep Jim and how transparent he is with the process and not afraid to give his honest opinion. We even had the pleasure of making our selections with the VP Andy.

Well it's not much more to post about other than to ask you to head over t the selections tab to see the updates and selections. I can however drop a few pics of inspiration, this is what I fell in love with.
 
 
Oh who am I kidding I didn't drop everything over there so here are our first choice options for the exterior.



And who doesn't want to see the actual kitchen from the model

 
Isn't it gorgeous? If you took a peek over in the selections tab you will notice we made a few changes. For instance we opted for a fridge with exterior water and Ice machine and we will have a double oven giving us a microwave over the cooktop. Originally we chose the kitchen just as you see it here but with a price tag of $4700 I just couldn't do it. Especially because I wanted a double oven and it would have been an additional $2500 for that. So this is what we did, we downgraded the choice to the most cost effective package that would give me the double oven, fridge and cooktop we wanted. We will purchase the hood I really want and install a conversion kit because the microwave recirculates the exhaust and isn't an exterior vent. Here is the hood we will install down the road.
Maytag 36" Convertible hood Model UXW6536BSS
I almost for got that we are pressing forward with wet bar in the basement and platform seating in the media room. Looking at the floor plan below, the exercise room will be converted to the media because it doesn't have the window and we will finish the "Extended Rec Room" on our own, saving $10K. Noticing that the wall is angled I will add a cabinet and countertop the closet wall for a snack area with a few shelves on the wall to complete it.
We had to do a special request and are waiting to hear back from the designer on the wet bar. We want to flip and reverse the plan they gave us for something that I feel would give us more functionality. This is the original...
 
 
Now we want to eliminate one of the counter ledges, close off the right side and only have a ledge on the front and in order to do that we will also have to extend the shorter wall. So it will kind of look like this with the open side extended to the 103" and only having the 1 bar top counter.

 
Ok all I think that's all I have for now until we have our meeting with the guy responsible for the low voltage items and maybe the electrician, as there are a few electrical changes we need to make.
 
Thank for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment