Thursday, October 15, 2015

slow rolling....

Once more nothing really exciting to report. We submitted the loan app last week and even had to submit more paperwork due to some overtime and health and welfare payouts. Seems like the bulk of questioning came from the fact that earlier this year there was a switch from hourly to salary and once you become salaried you no longer get the allowance for health care. Also the overtime is pretty much a guarantee but they were having a hard time with it, guess they don't want to rely on it as income.

In other news, just browsing the builder site we noticed that the homes have gone up another $5K. This is good for us because it's almost like gaining equity before we even move in. The model for the community is getting in the furniture and final prep for the grand opening in a few weeks. We do plan on going to talk to potential buyers about our experience so far and meet some of the owners from the testimonials on their site. Our goal is a bit self serving in that we are hoping to sway those that are on the fence into purchasing because it will add to the "Equity" on our home.

Now for the fun stuff. As per usual for me I love shopping and that really where my excitement for the entire process lies until we get the closing date and keys in our hands.  We went into Bob's Discount Furniture, you know the commercial with the funny little cartoon and the woman doing her version of Vanna White? lol Up until this past weekend I had been online window shopping and you know how that could be, I fell in love with a bedroom set and when I saw it in person...lets just say they should have went back to the drawing board. Plus I finally settled on a color Scheme, I have chosen colors by Sherwin Williams. Here's my inspiration courtesy of Pintrest

So this is how the layout will be....
Sun Room...We wanted it to be bright but not overwhelming yet coordinate with all the other rooms since we have more of an open plan.

Coral Reef
Dining Room...I love the idea of a dark formal dining room. It will have chair rail molding which will be white. I also plan to put a large mirror on the longest wall to bring in more light since the other wall has windows.
Dark Night
 All Other Walls...I don't want all the walls to be white so this color works perfect and coordinates. All the trim will be white.
Kilim Beige
Family Room...This room will be directly across from the kitchen and next to both the dining room and sun room. I plan to have Navy sofas as well.
Requisite Gray
Master Bedroom....I love that this is warm but not so dark since we will have a black and mirror bedroom set and the headboard is tufted ivory fabric.
Latte
Wow we really got off track here. We were supposed to be talking about the furniture. Guess I have to make another post just for the furniture, so tell me what you think.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment