Saturday, February 13, 2016

Slow progress

Well it's been a few weeks since I've updated and well thats because of the slow progress. The weather here has been extremely cold and we are only 2 weeks out of a monster snow storm that shut down the whole city. The only thing to be done since the last post was yhe pouring of the foundation.

Today is when we did our drive past and it was so cold I only got these pictures. Which is fine considering nothing much has changed

While here I wasn't terribly that everything was looking good. As I have said before that this looks so much smaller than the actual completed house. In fact I was so unconvinced we had to walk through the model again. The SR, Jim, tried his best to convince me it will never look the same size until we move in and begin to decorate. He even went as far as to tell me it may begin to look even smaller once they begin framing and drywalling. 

At this point I am comfortable enough to say I believe we are on schedule, especially since another builder began after us and the owners have already moved in. You could take this a thousand ways, I am choosing to believe they are taking their time to provide us a great quality home. It also couldn't hurt if they are a little late on delivery if it gives us extra time to save more money. 

With that said, someone mentioned to me that we should have written into our contract a rent back clause if they failed to deliver within the time frame. I had never thought of that since we are building in the winter and weather can cause delays. Has anyone heard of or done this before ?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment